How bout some things you should know about getting married?
So this was our getting-married process.
BTO (unofficial engagement)
Ring (official proposal and engagement)
ROM and reception (officially married)
Moving in with the in-laws.
Our flat.
Our first set-back was the engagement already.
Remember to tell your family about it! Even if it was already implied with the BTO, they still do want to know. There's no such thing as implied. Seriously, it's just not worth all the nagging and anger you'll get. I still don't get it, but everyone just went crazy when they did not hear it from me. In my defense, I was working and didn't even got to go home to tell them. Plus, they were all in a really bad mood that day! It was so unfair to be reprimanded for something so small (in my opinion).
So I guess you should at least inform them before announcing it to the world, because very family works differently. Mine's the really want-to-know-it-all kind, Kiong's family is just chill. So it's better to be safe than sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment