Wednesday, July 23, 2008

grandmama...

Let's start with Monday..
21st July 2008

While, it's another 21st. The day that marks our two-and-a-half years together. We kinda forgot the whole thing until past midnight and then it just occurred to me that OH MY it's the twenty first of the month already! This is like.. the number thirty times. And then it'll come to a time where we'll forget bout the whole thing altogether haha. Two years seems..long. sometimes. But it's so short a time as compared to a lifetime (unless of course if I die tmr then things will be different).

And introducing my new toy from kiong.....! (the day before)

Left is the old one that I got a few few fewwww months back. Right is the new 5x5 cube. of which you can see my hardest attempt to do up the first 3 rows. Which I stopped there and eventually went to check up the Internet to complete it .

You know I must really thank PeiQi for teaching me how to complete the 3x3 second row and thereafter inspiring me the interest in Rubik's. Truth is, I forgot the whole last row thing when I went home that day so I went up to Internet to search for the algorithms to the last row. And just kept playing with it even though I SHOULD BE STUDYING FOR EXAMS. you know.. some... erhm... play time in between my studies haha.

Things went faster and faster. Me teaching kiong to solve it... and we can just play it for the whole day during those days. the whole day! and then both of us trying to complete it within 5 minutes.. 3 minutes.. 2.5mins.. and now his record is like 49 seconds! wa lao. my record is still about 2 mins, and even that was because of sheer luck since I didn't really have to do up the last row.

And so he decided to buy me the 5x5 cube to keep me occupied while I get pissed at him for doing the 3x3 so fast all the time so much so that i don't want to play anymore.

OK, that's only what I think in my opinion. HAHA. maybe... he just wants to buy the 5x5 for fun. And anyway! The 5x5 is really so difficult to solve if you dunno how to do it the proper way. Like which one to fix up first, which side. There's only like 2 new formulae one of which is pretty similar to the old one anyway. AH! nvm.. I re-read my whole 5 paragraphs and I sound so insane. And the whole point is... 5x5 is so fun! hehehe.

so next-

And in addition to it being our second-and-half anniversary, anothing (another thing) for celebration is the birth of our babies' babies (ie me is grandmama liao lor). I know I know, I mentioned that ETA was next month! exactly 4 weeks difference. I'm such a bad guesser. But I was correct bout it being a triplets. So, maybe not that bad afterall la.


So I was working on Monday, and then during my break I saw a missed call and then an sms that Jer left, telling me bout how she saw three "things" running around the cage when she got home from work. SO EXCITED I called her immediately which I never did so enthusiastically before. Then I called kiong, and we were all so excited to go back and see them. Like machiam our real babies lor! Everyone was so excited including mama and papa!


I was actually quite depressed during the second call to jer because she told me that the babies are not very cute and that Donut-Rexy are the cutest piggies ever.


And then I went home and I wondered "wwhhaaat happppeeennnedd?!?!!!"



If you still don't get what I mean after the picture, I SHALL explain. Mama pig (DONUT) is white. PAPA pig (REXY) is also white. Baby piggies are not white leh.

MAMA and PAPA piggy both have black patch at right ear. Baby piggies all have black patch at left ear!

Like, why huh?! Have been trying to figure out with Alvin and nic today until I reach my work place also dunno why. All the dominant/co-dominant/recessive/etc. whatever.. why??

I still think they're cute tho. I wanted to buy a black guinea pig (instead of Donut) initially, but Donut was so irresistible. Now the young ones are black (partially) it's quite... cute. that i got half of what i wanted initially. haha. I hope they have long fluffy furs like Mama Donut!


And introducing them (Got names already hor!)
(left to right): Mama Donut, baby Zigzag, baby KLK (pronounced as "CLICK" very fast) and baby Skippy!
KLK becausee..... make a guess! haha. (think black)



mama donut..




papa rexy..




Two days before delivery, we cleaned up her cage (fortunately). And I got to snap this fantastic picture. AWwwwwwww!


Many things happened on the 21st actually. I got my first AFB positive smear (Finally. like after sooo many smears I've done. not that it's a good thing actually), did my first slide mount, first time my samples hit over 200, got a popiah treat from chewbee(I wanted to write CB which I realised was so wrong haha! oppps.), got an Oreo ice blended treat (because she don't want me to pay her back leh) from another colleague.


I don't know, I just feel so happy that day after the news and everything at work became.. happy. DESPITE MY PMS LEH!

*****************


22nd July Tuesday

My day OFF. so shiok la! OT OT OT... finally got off. for a day. Wanted to go for walks and play with the babies but me and kiong just stayed in, watched our tv shows and movies (great shows all of a sudden), have our MacDonald's, Rubik's cubes.. haha. I think I just miss a day of slacking around. Don't have to think about all the other troublesome stuffs..just a day to rest.


23rd July Wednesday

Was out with Alvin and nic for breakfast at noon. irony. everyone was going for their lunch break. talked, laughed, joked around. precious 3hrs. To think my nini will be so near me in two weeks time hehe. =D


I got my confirmation letter from the company. Kinda inefficient because it's already 12 days past my 3mth probation. But still, I'm waiting for my hsbc card, waiting for my horrendous lab coats, and waiting for my beautiful paid leaves.


And...I've decided to run the 5km marathon. and then maybe the 10k for the stanchart one after tt. I think i got inspired after Jer ran the marathon last Sunday. But then again.. maybe not her.

Bless me. I hate running, why I agreed to it was because I was half asleep at that time. And I hate to break stuffs. future in-law leh. and i like her somemore.


But... I haven't been exercising, haven't been going for my swims, haven't been going for my aerobics and yoga sessions. my back is starting to ache like a typical working adult. muscles are getting stiff. arms are listless day by day. I sound like I'm dying!!!


So... I NEED A RUN.

No comments: